There are many things you can do to safely get through an Earthquake. Here are some of the top tips.
Inside a building or house:
- If you are inside DO NOT run outside during an Earthquake. Trees, electrical towers, street lamps. They can all come down. According to Ready.gov you are safer inside as long as you follow these tips.
In your bed:
- If you are in bed during an Earthquake lay face down and put a pillow behind your head and neck.
In your car:
- If you are in your car or vehicle you will need to pull over and stop. Set your parking brake (including Emergency Brake).
- If you are outside, make sure to stay away from buildings and other objects that can potentially fall over.
- Do not get into a doorway.